Monday, April 20, 2009

I'll Play A Tune For You! Bees Wax Collage

This is done using natural beeswax. It gave it a sepia look when done. I tore each diamond then gilded each piece with gold before adhering to a canvas.
I apologize for the hazy look on these photos - I think it's because of the beeswax.

I ripped diamond shapes from a early 1900 Etude music magazine.
A close up of the pendant I made. I couldn't resist using this piece from the Etude magazine.
I painted it in a sepia color and while still wet I stamped it with a musical note. Had this canvas at our local gallery this fall. Total project took approximately 15 hours and oh my my studio was smelling pretty honey!
Add Image

2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful, I have never used wax before. Sounds like it took a long time but it turn out wonderful. I have not been in the mood to make anything lately, not sure why..............
    Have a lovely day,
    ~Sue~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning piece of art Sandra!! I love the effect the beeswax gives and I just love your soldered pendants!!
    xoxo
    Carol Anne

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LEAVE A COMMENT OR QUESTION!