Monday, December 20, 2010

Lavender Sachets

The sachet above was done with cotton and a image transfer of roses. Stamped the "flowers" onto the cotton fabric before stuffing with cotton that has a package of oris root in centre which I added several drops of Lavender Essential Oil to. These are lovely to tuck under the pillow, in a drawer or suitcase etc. Oris Root can be purchased at a health food store and is wonderful in this application as a fixative to hold the lavender fragrance in. I made the package to hold the oris root from coffee filters - it was sturdy and I just sewed them shut. When finished it came out to about 1 inch by 2 inches long.

On this one I used a sheer fabric so the actual lavender buds could be seen. The overlay is from a vintage linen that I cut into 4 so I would be able to use all corners for these 3x3 lavender pillow (sachets). Will post more of these over the winter as I enjoyed doing them all a little different.

3 comments:

  1. I do love lavender ... and what pretty sachets you've created ... Thanks for the kind inspiration... Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute !!! Never thought of the oris root , very interesting ! Love your journal you created in your other post !! Have a wonderful Merry Christmas !
    Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, Sandra, and I can almost smell them from here!
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LEAVE A COMMENT OR QUESTION!